|Title of the article
STRENGTH OF CATERPILLAR VEHICLE’S HULL
Vashurin Andrey Sergeevich, Candidate of engineering sciences, senior lecturer, sub-department of automobiles and tractors, Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University named after R. Y. Alekseev (24 Minina street, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), email@example.com
Orlov Lev Nikolaevich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, head of sub-department of automobiles and tractors, Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University named after R. Y. Alekseev (24 Minina street, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. At the stages of initial and final machine design it is important to strive to reduce the curb weight while improving performance such as capacity, fuel consumption and others. The hull construction is a significant proportion of the total vehicle weight as well as the cost. Reduction of hull material capacity while improving strength and stiffness parameters is one of the most important objectives during the design. To achieve this goal, the authors evaluated the influence of changes of individual parameters of the hull body parts on its strength and stiffness characteristics.
Materials and methods. The research was conducted by the regression analysis. Computational studies of the caterpillar vehicle’s hull strength were carried out using the finite element method.
Results. The authors developed a detailed finite element model of a terrain vehicle. The results of the research of individual elements’ influence on strength, stiffness and metal casing of a terrain vehicle were obtained.
Conclusions. According to the results of the study it has been found that the most loaded vehicle mode is moving through an obstacle, bearing on the extreme diagonal rollers. The most stressed area is the front part of the hull at the junction with the base frame. It has been found that the base frame separately is not able to perceive the operating load characteristics of a terrain vehicle. The greatest effect on the strength of the structure is performed by the hull bottom frame; the bending stiffness - by the base frame.
caterpillar vehicle, terrain vehicle, hull, strength, stiffness.
|| Download PDF
1. Zavolzhskiy zavod gusenichnykh tyagachey [Zavolzhsk factory of caterpillar tractors]. Available at: http://www.zzgt.ru.
2. Zavod vezdekhodnykh mashin [Factory of all-terrain vehicles]. Available at: http://www.zvm-nn.ru.
3. Zavod transportnykh mashin OOO «TransMash» [Transport vehicle factory “Trans-Mash” Ltd.]. Available at: http://www.transmashnn.ru.
4. Afanas'ev B. A., Belousov B. N., Zheglov L. F. et al. Proektirovanie polnoprivodnykh kolesnykh mashin: uchebnik dlya vuzov: v 3 t. [Design of AWD vehicles: textbook for universities: in 3 volumes]. Moscow: Izd-vo MGTU im. N. E. Baumana, 2008, vol. 3, 432 p.
5. Adler Yu. P., Markova E. V., Granovskiy Yu. V. Planirovanie eksperimenta pri poiske optimal'nykh usloviy [Experiment planning at searching the optimal conditions]. Moscow: Nauka, 1976, 280 p.
6. Belyaev M. V., Vysotskiy M. S., Gileles L. Kh. Avtomobili: Ispytaniya: ucheb. posobie dlya vuzov [Automobiles: Testing: tutorial for universities]. Minsk: Vysshaya shkola, 1991, 187 p.
7. Yashcheritsyn P. I., Makharinskiy E. I. Planirovanie eksperimenta v mashinostroenii [Experiment planning in machine building]. Minsk: Vysshaya shkola, 1985, 288 p.
Дата создания: 02.10.2015 15:22
Дата обновления: 06.10.2015 10:16